Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Short Video

So last night, I started playing with a short slideshow of the process of making a sculpture. It turned out okay; mostly I just had fun with the experiment. This sculpture is one of the ones I will be taking to the American Craft Council show coming up in March in Atlanta. I'm really looking forward to the show, as I had such an awesome time at the last ACC show I did (Charlotte, 2008). The slideshow shows me coiling a piece that is part bird-part woman. She's sitting in a birdbath, with a couple of little birdies around her and she is sort of like a mother figure to them. She's watching over them, and trying to teach them about life. Let me know what you think of the piece and of the video! Click here to watch the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment