Friday, August 5, 2011

Journal Page with Flowers and Watercolors

I've got another journal page to share with you guys!  I actually started this one over the July 4th holiday, when all I had was pencil and pens.  I sketched out several pages and I'm just getting around to finishing them (well, some of them anyway!)
I had an odd day recently where I found myself with two short windows of free time, and I zipped into a coffee shop and spent some time working on this page.  I didn't finish it that day, but I did make some good progress.  I did this page with micron pens, watercolors, colored pencils, watercolor pencils for the detail on the flowers, distress ink pad, a white sharpie and then Staz On stamp for the date.  I actually decided to leave the page fairly uncluttered, in case I wanted to use this as a background.
I also have started a new sketchbook, and it's one of those Moleskines (which I totally love!!) but it is a different proportion than what I'm used to.  It is LOOOOOONG! I guess it's meant for landscape paintings..


But that's it for now! 
Happy August to everyone!
~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment