Monday, June 29, 2009

Ahhh, Summertime!

This morning, as I write this, we have a houseful of friends. The special relationships that you develop with your friends has become increasingly important to me. As my family shrinks (due to deaths), I've realized again and again, how crucial friends and family are to one's happiness and stability in this world. There is so much craziness out there, and we all tend to get caught up in our individual lives, that sometimes we need a kick in the backside to remind us to get out of our little bubble. I know I do! It's been great having everyone here. We play in the pool with the kids and share dinners together. For two nights, we have been trying to plan a big trip with all of us: we are thinking Ireland! I hope it works out! Two of the couples with us are the ones we went to Greece with, and that remains one of the best vacations of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment