Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pots for Myself!

For the first time in probably 2 or 2 1/2 years, I am making work for myself! How liberating it feels! I took of quite a bit of time after my mom passed away, as I just didn't have the energy or creative urge. I was in mourning and did not want to make pots. Just last week, I decided to my hands back in the mud. The clay was calling. I wanted to make items for the new house, and so I decided to make planters for our patio. Here are some pics of the planter - its my first planter, and I have already started on a much bigger one. I think the bigger one will be about 34" - 35" tall and I may have to do it in sections to get it in my kiln. Then I will probably epoxy it together for use. I'll put photos online when I get it built!

No comments:

Post a Comment