Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Getting things in order

You know, it's odd, I'm not really a very organized person, but I love it when things are organized and neat. I've been working in the clay studio for the past couple of days cleaning and hanging shelves. I never really took the time when we moved in to really get settled in the studio. We had a 3 month old then, and she wasn't really into letting her mom get lots of time in the studio. Also my mom was really sick at that time, so working in the studio wasn't a priority in life. But I love getting things in order, and getting them just the way I want them. I've been doing clay for 10 years now, and just now I have my own real studio that I can set up the way I want it. Therefore, it is very important to me to get everything just right! That is MY space and I don't have to ask anyone if they like it or not. What a nice feeling! Last night, I was so pleased with how the space is coming along, I thought I might host a Girls Night in the studio - complete with wine and appetizers. I haven't done anything like that and I think everyone would have a great time making something. Well, maybe after I get a small refrigerator to keep the beer and wine cold! That's important, you know!

1 comment:

  1. Your studio is amazing and I think great things will be made their. Thanks for my lesson! As I've said before, you have a gift for teaching.

    ReplyDelete