Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New Small Sculpture




This is a small sculpture I just finished the other day. This one is about motherhood, and reminds me of my mother, not so long ago. She was very ill from her chemo treatments, but she still encouraged me to fly. That little spiky ball you see on the wood in front of the sculpture will represent the lung cancer that was slowly claiming my mother's life, and it fits inside a small cavity in her chest. It's hard to see it in the photo. Even in illness, my mother was trying to encourage me to live my life and be free. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. If anyone in the UK is interested in pottery courses... do not hesitate to take a look at the pottery courses at Vinegar Hill Pottery, and let David work his magic on you!

    ReplyDelete