Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

I just signed up for the coolest thing: The Sketchbook Project. I found this through a couple of other blogs that I follow and I just thought it was the neatest group-based project I had heard of in a while. I always want to spend more time drawing/writing/journaling, and that is one of my goals while here in San Francisco. So they've already shipped my moleskin journal out to me, and I am already looking forward to using it! It will be tough to completely let go of it and send it in at the end of the project, but that is part of the point! To let go of your work and share it with others. It doesn't have to be a work of "art" - this would also be a great project for a mom/daughter team! (I would certainly do it with Marley if she were a bit older...) So I plan to use this journal as an experiment of new techniques, musings, and a visual record of my time here in SF.

11 comments:

  1. that is a great idea-the mommy daughter thing. Josey is almost 5 and loves to draw. I have debating on trying it as well. Moving closer to yes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, the sketchbook project looks like so much fun! I hope you are enjoying San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m doing it too and my sketch book just arrived, it’s so exciting. I chose the theme of Sleepless. What have you chosen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I cannot wait to see what you do with it. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know nothing about this but would like to see what it's all about.

    are you familiar with the book "creative license" by danny gregory? it made me want to just take my journal and draw. i really thought it would change me. i wish i had stuck with it. perhaps i should get it out again.

    have fun with this project and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I had time tonight to look at your sculptures WOW, I was blown away!! The Sketchbook Project sounds fantastic, so glad you did it and hope you tell us about it and what you thought. You are a fabulous artist!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun idea! Can't wait to see what you make. This is my first time visiting your blog... found you through the Flying FB discussions board... your work is AH-MAZ-ING! Love it!!

    ~Jennifer

    http://www.studiojru.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great- I'll have to check it out too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHHHH! This looks so COOL! I think I 'have to do it too! What theme did you choose? I guess I should go reread the post you probably mentioned it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I know I can't wait to see what everybody does in these little blank books! happy creations from germany, tj

    ReplyDelete