Thursday, November 18, 2010

Art Buzz, Collection 2011

Good evening!

For all my friends on Facebook, I posted a little while back that I had applied to an art book for possible publication of my sculptures. Well, I found out that they have accepted me! In fact, I won the First Place award in the clay catagory, and that means I get a 2 page spread in the book! The only higher award would be the Grand Winner, which gets the cover of the book, so needless to say, I was quite excited!

Here is an excerpt from the email they sent me:

First of all, congratulations on your acceptance into Art Buzz, The 2011 Collection! Your work has been awarded 1st Place in clay! Choosing the winners was a very tough job and we are proud to include your work in this premier, contemporary visual arts publication. (for a complete list of the winning artists, log on to www.artbuzz.org/book.html) You will also be given a complementary Standard Plus listing on ArtBuzz.org, if you don't already have one.

Cover for the 2010 book






So I'm quite excited by this and I am really looking forward to getting one of the books!

In other news, I've been firing and glazing, and trying to finish 2 pieces for the upcoming exhibit starting in January for the Cabarrus Arts Council.  I wrote about it in a previous blog post you can find here.  I won't be able to show the finished pieces, but I think a detail shot or two would be safe. :) Once they are completely finished, I'll be sure to post a little something here!

I hope you are having a great week! What have you been working on? I'd love to see some of your beautiful new work!

~Kelly

17 comments:

  1. Oh my clever, talented friend, congratulations on this fabulous achievement! What a wonderful tangible way to have your work acknowledged. I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kelly! This is such great news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw this is super exciting news! Good for you Kelly... you deserve it...!! WOOT WOOT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Kelly great news!

    Kisses and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats, Kelly! i am so happy for you! it's great to get the recognition and i hope you get a big boost from this - not that you'd need it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS! What an amazing accomplishment. I am so excited for you, and see even more awesome things to come! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, I am soooo happy for you. Your talent is amazing. This are really great news and you deserve it! Keep following your dreams while you Enjoy the Ride! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEEE!!! Congratulations! Well deserved of course, but still...YAYAYAYAYAY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH! I'm so excited for you, Kelly! What a thrill!

    What are you doing to celebrate?

    Raising my glass to you (or in my case this morning, raising my mug of tea to you!).

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Very, very super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, this is SO fantastic and wonderful news!!Congratulations! What an encouraging reward having your beautiful creations and dedication acknowledged this way.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, Kelly ~~ what a great honor you have received ... and very well deserved, I must add!!! I'm so excited for you! Wishing you a peaceful Thanksgiving holiday ~~ J

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Kelly this is wonderful news!!! You totally deserve it! Happy Happy for you! You can see my latest WIP on my blog along with a view of my very messy art space. :)
    Congrats!
    ♥Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Kelly! That is super cool! I'm so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kelly!!! This is wonderful! OMG, you so deserve it!!! Fantastic!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW O WOW - What wonderful news - Congratulations. Your work is beautiful, so I am not surprised, but what a great way to show more people your beautiful work. Also thanks for letting me know about the positive comments you are getting on your necklace, it makes me smile. take care and enjoy your weekend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dearest sweet kelly, this is awesome news!! A huge congratz to your sweet talented friend!! We have to do this celebration dance. Im soo soo happy for you. Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to yoU!

    ReplyDelete