Monday, December 27, 2010

On Being Thankful

I wanted to share with you the finished sketch that I did while the kiddo was in her travel crib on Christmas Day.  This sketch didn't start out as a drawing about my daughter, but that day, listening to her as she talked to her stuffed animals, I decided that it was a perfect sketch for her.  I love the beauty of the flowers in the girls hair in the sketch, and it reminds me of the beauty that my daughter has brought into my life.   The light in the eyes of the girl in the drawing reminds me of the light in my daughter's eyes when she giggles about something silly.

All this might be a little too mushy for you, but I was feeling all sorts of tender on that day, and I was thankful for all of the goodness in my life.  I hope you had a wonderful holiday, and I am so looking forward to the new year!

And speaking of the upcoming year... I am in the middle of a 24 hour blogging adventure over at creativebizmarathon.  It is a group of 5 artists, and we are all creating our business plans for 2011, and we are putting it online for all to see.   If you've started thinking about your plan for the new year, and are feeling curious about our plans, come on over to see us! We all have different styles and there is a lot of information over there!

~Kelly

8 comments:

  1. great idea! can't wait to read the whole business blog - will have to take an hour or so off to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love the way you use flowers for hair (one of your signature's, I think) and the way her eyes are so full of light. Really beautiful, Kelly.

    "I was feeling all sorts of tender on that day, and I was thankful for all of the goodness in my life." Doesn't get much better than this.

    I hope your new year spills over with magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful drawing Kelly! I've been following the creativebusiness blog. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing all your sketchbook entires. When and where will it be displayed??

    LOVED YOUR CHRISTMAS CARD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She turned out beautiful Kelly!
    I checked out the creative biz blog: lots of info, very cool!
    ♥jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankful for my little/big children too! Yes, I love the flowers as hair too

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes its definitely time to get those plans on to paper! feeling it inmy heart too! love your journal page

    ReplyDelete