Thursday, February 10, 2011

Update on Various and Sundry Things

Works in Progress
There's a few things I want to share with you today.  One, is that I am testing out a new comments section on this blog.  The Intense Debate format should let me respond to comments much more effectively than the Blogger style of comments.  If it works, then great! And if it doesn't work, then I'll scratch it and go back to the default Blogger comments.  So bear with me, while this is being tested out.


Another thing I want to share is that tomorrow I'm heading to NC to see the group invitational I'm in (Word Processing), and I'm so, so excited to see everyone's works on display.  Oh - that reminds me - I must make dinner reservations... So not only are we going to see the exhibit, but we are leaving our munchkin with the babysitter overnight! Yeah! We don't do this often, the last time was 8 months ago, so this is pretty exciting for us.  Now, we can both enjoy the exhibit, instead of one of us chasing the kiddo around and making sure she doesn't single-handedly destroy the exhibit.


The other thing I wanted to share is that yes, the little birdies I make are definitely for sale.  I have 15 or so completed ones in my studio, so if you are interested, just let me know.  I will be taking them to my show in Atlanta next month and I expect them to sell quite well there.  They were popular last year, so we will see what happens this year.

I'm frantically working in the studio every chance I get, trying to complete a few more pieces for the show.   There's always a push at the end to get everything glazed and completed.  It's not going to be easy, as my hubby is out of town a lot lately with a sick mother, so I'm on kid duty most of the time.  Oh well, I'll just do the best I can and not worry about it too much!!  Maybe the kiddo will get to watch a few extra Dora episodes so I can work..  :)

Have a great day~
Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment