Monday, August 1, 2011

Journal Page with Pan Pastels

Hi everybody,
I'd like to apologize for the absence from blogland, but things have been totally crazy here.  Trying to settle in to the new house and prepare for this baby, all with limited energy, has been tough.  It hasn't left me with a whole lot of time to blog, and even less for creativity.  But that's okay, I am still journaling when I can, and I wanted to share a page with you that I finished a couple of weeks ago. 



I tried a new technique here - I had recently bought some black gesso and wanted to play with pan pastels over it.  I liked the results, but unfortunately, the fixative I sprayed over it darkened the pastels so much!!  I think that's my fault though, I think I put too heavy a coat of the fixative on the page.  After I did this page, I made a birthday card and used less fixative, and it seemed to help. :)


I anticipate more blogging breaks when this baby comes (less than 2 weeks to the due date!)  but I'll check in when I can.  I'm still reading all of my favorite blogs, and thank goodness for all of you guys - it makes me feel connected to the art world, even though I'm not doing much right now!


Take care everyone!
~Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment