Thursday, October 13, 2011

Text Painting for my Foyer using Pan Pastels


I have finally completed this project that I've been slowly working on.  In our new house, we have an odd round niche in the foyer that needed decorating.  I knew I wanted some art work on the wall, but I didn't want a collage of smaller items.  So I created a 4 panel painting on canvas panels that could work on the rounded wall we have in our foyer.  I used the same method for this painting that I used on my first one.  You can read about that technique here. I was pleased with how the finished product turned out.  Sorry the photo is dark (we still need to install a light in the foyer!)

It became a piece about my husband and the beginnings of our relationship and marriage.  Then I included some things from our current life, like our two daughters.  This was a poem that I gave to my husband, back when we started dating.  There's a lot of detail and texture that you can't really see in these photos, but you can see my doodles that I did in a gray PITT pen.
I love how the panels turn the curve!  So, that's it.  And I'm stoked how it turned out, and I want to thank Alisa Burke for inspiring me to make it :)


In other news, I am supposed to be getting a new studio here soon!  I will let you know as soon as we start construction!  Yay - I'm excited, and anxious for it to start, as I agreed to do a show in March and need to get making some sculptures!!


Hope everyone is well!
~Kelly

4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, Kelly - I love how it "turned" out. The colors are so beautiful, kind of "shy" - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Kelly! It works perfectly on the round wall and is so personal. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Kelly...so personal and meaningful ..perfect for that wall. I love the way we can fly and fond inspiration using different media. Kelly, I will send an email regarding the butterflies. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this post. You describe this topic very well. I really enjoy reading your blog and I will definitely bookmark it! Keep up the interesting posts!

    ceramic sculpture artists

    ReplyDelete