Friday, September 4, 2009

Turning over a new Leaf!

Lots of folks believe that some good can come from something bad. I have a great example of this that I have seen in my life. Most of you know that my mother passed away in February and this has really thrown me for a loop. I suffered from depression, anxiety, insomnia, crazy dreams and a general sense of discontent. Out of all this came one large lesson. Our time here is really limited. Do not live your life always postponing the things you want to do. There will always be some obstacle: money, timing, kids, etc. Don't be one of those folks who is afraid of everything. Just do it and make it work. I have really embraced this lesson now. My husband and I are planning a "temporary relocation" to Buenos Aires next summer. Yes, I am scared. No, I don't speak spanish (yet), and I dread traveling with a 2 year old. But so what?? There will crazy, obnoxious times and wonderful times too. So we are just going to do it. No more postponing. I can't wait! I'm doing the same in my pottery too. I've always wanted to work in a larger scale, and now I'm doing it. I'm breaking out of what was comfortable - functional pottery like plates, bowls, cups - and now I'm doing things that are 6' tall!! Sure, I've had some technical problems and some failures, so that's okay. The point is I'm doing it and I am learning as I go. What about you? Are there some things that you have been wanting to do for a while? Is it time to break out of your comfort zone? Look for some place in your life that maybe needs a change. You can start small. You don't have to move to a different country. What about those extra 10 pounds you've been dealing with? Do it - start exercising, and eating right, and just watch those extra pounds slide off. Won't that feel empowering?? Maybe it isn't weight loss. Maybe it is something as simple as repainting that bedroom in a color that you actually like. Or learning how to cook something gourmet. Just do it people! You don't know when your time is up in this world, and you don't want to be one of those people who regrets the way they lived, do you??

No comments:

Post a Comment