Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Free Time on the Computer

I am struggling to get my time on the computer these days. We keep my laptop either in the kitchen or nearby for us to use. I will look up recipes, check email, update Facebook or Twitter, or research different things, etc, etc. The only problem is that my husband likes to use the computer too. It's not too much of a problem, since I don't have that much time (or attention span) these days to sit down and spend hours at the computer. Now, our 1 1/2 year old daughter has become addicted to the computer as well. She loves to watch videos, play games and generally just bang on the keys to see what happens. I just know that one day I will come to use the laptop and all the settings will have been changed by her. She can already make it do things, albeit by accident, that I don't know how to do! And, recently, she has learned the word "Game" and so she tries to climb into the stool, crying "Game! Game!" If she sees me using the computer, then my time is over. She wants to play on the laptop too! So, between hubby and the kiddo, my "real" computer time is just about nil these days. As I'm writing this, it is 3:04 am and it is the only time I've had on the computer in a while. When I woke up a little while ago, I thought "Aha! I can go catch up on the computer - and maybe even post something on my blog!" Pretty sad, I know, but it's true. So when you don't see posts on the blog very often, you know why! Here's the little computer hogs... And this was the beginning of Marley's addiction:

No comments:

Post a Comment