Thursday, January 28, 2010

Address Pot

So if you have read some previous posts, you may have heard me mention my Address Pot. It's a piece I'm making for the new house- it will be at the end of the driveway with our house numbers on it. I made it, and fired it, then passed it off to a friend of mine. His job is a custom cabinet maker, but this guy is really an artist. His medium is wood, for the most part, but he also does some specialty stuff, like some cool, bronze- like finishes. So I'm having him put a finish on my pot. He called the other day and wanted to show me some samples. I think they look great!
This is just the sprayed on finished, now he gets to play with the patina. I can't wait- I'm so excited- AND I didn't have to glaze that huge piece. It's 6' tall!! - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment