Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Address Pot - Work In Progress

I am finally nearing the end of the column part of this piece. It has been slow going, but it has also been a good lesson for me. Don't stop, just keep going!! I have never taken so long to work on one piece. Usually my attention span (or lack thereof!) prevents me from working this way, but since I am getting so little time in the studio these days, it is the only way I can work. On the photo on the left, you can see the three different sections of the column, separated by toilet paper. It keeps the clay from one section sticking to the next section. It just fires away, no need to remove it! The photo on the right shows that I had to switch out my stool for a ladder to work on the top portion of the column. I couldn't see what I was doing. I'm just a short thing, only 5'1", so a ladder is a must in my studio. So the next step I'm working on now is finishing the column and then I'm on to forming birds to attach. I am looking forward to that- something different to work on! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment