Monday, September 13, 2010

Yummy Recipe!

Mmmmmm.... Doughnuts!!


I put something on Facebook about these doughnuts and I got several requests for the recipe, so I wanted to share it here. I got this cookbook because my little girl suddenly wanted nothing to do with vegetables, and I was determined to get some in her. This book was recommended by the girl at Barnes&Noble, and so far so good!


So these doughnuts are more muffin-like, rather than Krispy Kreme-like, but you should try them! If you wanted to make a glaze for icing, just mix together a little milk with powdered sugar and drizzle on top. I tested these on my kid and two others, ages 2 and 5, and all three kids liked them! Oh- and I had to get donut pans off of Amazon. Not many stores carry those, since most donuts are not baked... Enjoy! And let me know what you think!


Forgive the short post- I'm doing all of this on my iPhone and I'm having Internet connection problems in the hotel... Tomorrow I'm off to the foundry- stay tuned!! Yippee!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing Kelly!
    ps: Are you a Vampire Diaries fan too?

    ♥Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you try the donuts!
    And no, should I read the Vampire Diaries? I tend to like all that stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you wrote in the cookbook Yum...! I always write in my cookbooks after making a recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THe doughnuts look delicious! I will have to try them. My mom and I used to make the fried variety of doughnuts together when I was in my late teens. It often took us most of the day, but it was fun. I mentioned it to her the other day.... we may just have to try it again - although yours look much easier - and much healthier too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMmmmm! looks good. it makes me want to cook

    ReplyDelete