Monday, May 16, 2011

a painting experiment

Hi there!  I'm back from my workshop and had a great time.  My creative spirit just loves that kind of environment.  Not to mention, it was a wonderful location!

Mixed Media, 6"x6"
I wanted to share with you an experiment I just finished - well, I think it's finished.  I can't decide if I want to add more to it or not!  But this is on Ampersand's Claybord, and it's the first time I've played with it.  So I bought a few little boards to play with - this one is 6x6.  I really loved being able to scratch into the surface - it felt a bit like my surface designs on my claywork that I do.  In this piece, I used acrylic paints, alcohol inks, a stamp that Laura gave me with permanent sepia ink, pan pastels, oil pastel, stabilo pencil, and white sharpie poster paint pen.  Then I used one of my clay tools to scratch through the layers to reveal the white underneath.  It was so much fun to do!  I totally lost track of time and I just LOVE it when that happens in the studio.  The little flowers I painted are actual wildflowers that grow here at the beach where I live.  I guess technically, they are weeds, but we all love them and people mow their yards around them, so as to preserve them.


I hope to do some more experimenting this week - so much fun!!


Hope all of you had a fabulous weekend!
~Kelly




No comments:

Post a Comment