Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Studio Progress

Around our house, things have been a little busy.  We're building a garage, as well as my studio, so that means we have men wandering around in our yard starting at about 7:00 am.  Which means you have to be careful walking by the bathroom window when you're getting dressed :)
It's about 700 sq ft!


Progress is moving right along.  The house wrap is on, the electrical is roughed in, as are the lights, and next in line is the windows.  I'm pretty excited - it's going to be awesome!  And then one day, I'll get around to landscaping in front of the studio, so that I can walk down a path through flowers and plants on my way to the studio.  Is that inspiring or what?! 


My personal goal was to have 20 small things made before the studio was built, and I'm about to meet that goal now!  How awesome - I rarely get to a deadline early :)  I'm working on the 20th thing right now, so after that I will keep plugging along and trying to stockpile things so that I can start firing right away.  With that show coming up in March, I know it will take me a while to produce enough work.  Especially at the snail's pace I am working at right now.  But that's okay.  I'm happy (most days!) with the balance that I'm seeing in life.  I'm really enjoying the little babe (she's almost 4 months now) and time is flying by.  I'm still trying to get her on a good schedule; she likes to stay up late partying and sleep in in the mornings.  The staying up late part is hard, since I am so tired at night.  But we are having a good time.
This photo cracks me up


I'm looking forward to spending time with my family at Christmas.  My family gets more and more important to me every day, and Christmas for me, means making memories and laughs with my family.


Love to you all,
~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment