Monday, April 16, 2012

Fundraiser Event in Charlotte, NC

A while back, I was contacted by a wonderful woman named Hannah Blanton.  She was coordinating a fundraiser for an inflammatory disease called GBS/CIPD that causes weakness and paralysis.  As she told her story, I became increasingly interested in her and her experiences.  She was so straight-forward and sincere in her story and I felt an immediate connection to her.  I had never heard of this disease until she told me about it, but I really liked this woman and what she was doing.  Passion is like that, don't you think? It just radiates off a person when they are doing something they truly believe in.  And so her energy was contagious.  She said she liked my sculpture and that she would love it if I would consider placing some pieces in their fundraiser sale.  I was already liking the sound of the event, and after reading about it online, I was decided.  It's called the Carolina Art Soiree, and it's coming up in early May.  It's going to be a beautiful event and I am truly excited.

Have a great week everyone,
~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment