Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Versatile Blogger Award


Oh my goodness!  The other night I was reading blogs and starting to wind down for the night, when I popped over to Liz Crain's blog and saw her post about The Versatile Blogger award she had been nominated for.  The way this award works is that once you've been nominated, you have to nominate 15 other bloggers you like and then tell 7 things about yourself.  So I was reading along - and then saw my name on her list of bloggers!!  I didn't even know she read my blog!  Thank you, Liz :)

Liz is a fellow clay artist that I enjoy following.  She and I have connected several times over various things, and basically, I just love watching her (via the online world) do what she loves to do.  You guys should really go check out her cone top beer cans and oil cans made of all clay.  You won't believe your eyes!

So, now that I've been nominated, I need to list 15 blogs that I love to read.  These blogs are varied in their content, but I find them all worthy of reading.  Some of them have no idea who I am. But that's okay! I still love to read them.  I actually get excited when I see certain blogs have a new post up! (Does that sound weird?? It does to my ears...) Anyway, let me share with you some of my favorites...
________________________________________________
 
Alisa Burke - you guys may already know her, but I love what she does.  It's always so colorful, whether it's recipes, Easter Eggs, or her sketches.
The Art Biz Blog - this one is a new one for me.  I am so INTO the business side of the arts these days.  Very helpful site when you need ideas or motivation.
Pregnant Chicken - okay, this one is pretty much for the ladies.  And only if you've been pregnant, are pregnant, or planning to get pregnant.  This blog kept me laughing through my pregnancy.  And it still makes me laugh some days.
Figures... My Art and My Life - this girl Kristina, is so talented!  She does amazing pastels of the figure and paints beautifully too.  always so lovely to see what she's working on.
Rightbrain Rockstar - another art business blog.  Kind of gets me going when I need a kick
This Artist's Life - a blog by a professional potter.  If you ever wonder what a professional potter's life is like, read this.  She lays it all out there on the line for you.  Extremely straightforward and I like that.
Tracey Broome - She is a clay sculptor.  We were in an exhibit at Mudfire together recently.  she is also straightforward and talks about the ins and outs of making a living at what we do.
Laura Catherine - This is one of my close friends.  We keep each other going sometimes :)
A Beautiful Mess - Laura Catherine turned me onto to this one lately.  Its a wide variety of cool stuff.
Art Du Jour by Martha Lever - eye candy.  Truly.  Colorful loveliness.
Donna Downey - she is just a cool lady.  always making beautiful things and she does videos each week that I love to watch as a little inspirational break from the kiddos.  She is a big art journaler.
Ali Cavanaugh - a most talented painter.  I love her works.  Not a real wordy blog, but she always posts her paintings, and that makes it worth it for me.
Sarah Ahearn Bellemare - lovely artworks, and a mom of a little one too.
Tara Gentile - If you own a creative business, you need to read this blog.
10Women10Businesses10Questions - this is a cool blog project I'm involved in that will be launching May 1.   It's all about women and our creative ventures.  Come check us out!!
______________________________________________

I'm also supposed to share 7 things about myself.  This is always hard for me.  Hard to decide which things you guys may find interesting...   I can't really choose, so here are 7 random things, in no particular order:

1- I am not really a very organized person.  I just pretend to be organized!  Every once in a while, I make an effort to get my closet organized or my desk straightened, and I make a little progress but then I get either get bored or sidetracked.  It happens very easily. 

2- I have fond memories of growing up with a vegetable garden.  We have just planted one (a small one!), but I love to go out and check on it everyday :)

3- I used to think that I was a patient person.  That was before I had children! LOL

4- When I don't have the kids around, and I need to blow off some steam, putting the top down on my car (I have a yellow Mini Cooper) and blasting out some music always helps.  Right now, I'm on an Alanis Morrisette kick.  I love her Flavors of Entanglement album.

5- I think my two favorite flowers of all time are poppies and daffodils.  But then again, I like so many, it's hard to narrow it down to just two :)

6- I wish I could make my mom's spaghetti. Yum.

7- Some days, I just want to sit quietly and sketch.  No talking allowed.

Whew!  That was a doozy of a post to write.  Hope you enjoyed it, and please try to check out some of those other blogs.  Have a great day!

~Kelly




No comments:

Post a Comment