Sunday, April 8, 2012

Signature Exhibition

I found out yesterday that I will be exhibiting with the Charleston Artists Guild's Signature Exhibition next week.  It should be a good show; it's at the Visitor's Center, so many, many people will view the exhibit.  I always worry about breakage in a situation like that - it's just an area that you can't police too heavily.  There are volunteers around to help and keep an eye on things, but with so many people, they have to do they best they can.

Charleston Visitor Center

375 Meeting Street
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
(Open daily, closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day)


Charleston Visitor Reception and Transportation Center: Multimedia presentation
It's a cool space, huh?
I'm excited to be in this exhibition though.  One of my goals for this year was to be more involved locally with the arts scene, and this is a step in the right direction.  I'm curious to see what others have in the exhibit.  I wonder if my sculptures will fit in with the body of work that they have selected from the jury.  And then there's the added bonus of the awards ceremony, where I'll get to meet some of the others and see folks that I already know.  Should be a good time :)  I'll try to remember to take pics and post the exhibition here.

I hope everyone is having a great Easter.  It's funny to say, but I think my 3 yr old is already done with the Easter celebrations.  I asked her if she wanted to have an egg hunt here today, and she said AGAIN? And then she said no!  Can you believe that???

Have a great day, everyone!
~Kelly





No comments:

Post a Comment