Sunday, February 7, 2010

Save the Light 5K

Yesterday morning, we had our first family 5K run. It was my first 5K ever, and I had not run in a couple of weeks, thanks to the mega stomach bug I had last week. So I was a bit nervous on how I would do. It didn't help matters that I found myself lying awake in bed at 3:00 am the night before, thinking about a zillion different things. I never really fell back asleep, so when the alarm went off at 6:00 am, I thought, "Oh boy. Today is gonna be a long day". And it was. But the 5K went well, we had a little rain that had everybody worried, but it wasn't too bad. We took Marley in the stroller, and she was just fine in there Here's a pic of us at the meeting point: Marley looks none too happy, and I understand why - we had to wake her up early. She likes to sleep in a little later some days. So today, I feel pretty good! I took some melatonin last night to make sure I got some sleep, and boy, did it work! I slept 8 hours - hard. And my legs feel a little tired today, calves a little tight, but overall, I feel pretty good. I'm excited - I thought I was going to be in a bit of pain today! In the studio yesterday, while the kiddo slept, I was putting a coat of underglaze on a couple of sculptures. Poppped one in the kiln and it should be ready for it's next coat this afternoon. I need to get these finished so that I can photograph them. I want to make new postcards for the ACC show. Last time I did the show, I passed out unbelievable amounts of postcards, so this time I want to do that again. You never know what may come out of that! Sometimes I think people like to collect them for the pretty pictures of cool artwork, but other people will sometimes call you for an order later on. A postcard helps them to remember your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment