Thursday, January 6, 2011

Don't You Just Love Surprises in the Mail??

We have just returned home from two weeks of holiday traveling and I can't tell you how happy I am to be home.  The only downside is that my to-do list is a mile long and I feel a little stressed about it. It was during one of these stressed out moments that hubby came home from the post office with bills (yuck), and a package (hmmmm, what's that??).  So I picked it up and it was addressed to me!!  Yay! Now I'm really getting excited, because I knew I hadn't ordered anything since before Christmas.  And then I saw that it had come Air Mail and now I was really curious.  So when I saw the return address,  I was thrilled!!  My friend Kylie Stevens had her first solo art show for her paintings a little while back, and I wrote about it here.  She was awesome to include all of us in blogland in her show prep and she was great to make us feel a part of her show.  She even ran a door prize for those of us who left comments and made it fun for us.  I was the lucky winner of her door prize, and so this was my prize!  I couldn't wait to tear into that package!!

 So this is a pretty stinky photo of the goodies inside, but she sent me a lovely hand-drawn and handwritten note, a cute little clip for my hair and a super cool hat with a big flower on it!  And since it's cold here now (unlike for her, it's summer right now), I can use this hat right away.  I think the hat is my favorite! Even hubby liked it.  And it's a muted brown with a bit of gray in it, so it will go with pretty much anything.  Thank you Kylie!!


Kylie has been great and I am so glad we have connected.  Our lives run some interesting parallels, even though we are on opposite sides of the world.  I hope that one day, when I'm rich and famous, I'll be able to fly over to her side of world to see one of her art exhibits. 


In other news, I'm excited about the upcoming year!  I feel like things are gathering steam and I am ready for the action.  I just dropped off my sculptures at the Cabarrus County Arts Council and I'm going to talk about that in my next post. 

Have a great day!
~Kelly

4 comments:

  1. I know all about mile long to do lists--one thing at a time, right?

    Hope you found that sketchbook...

    Here's to a new year that overflows with creativity & abundance all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES- packages in the mail are wonderful! But what about the sketchbook??? and I can't wait to see the pics of your sculptures! Best wishes for everything you dream of in 2011.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that hat! Now that I am crocheting a bit, I would love to try to make something like that. I'm working on another scarf for Brianna now. It may not be ready until Spring though, lol. ;) Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve only just stumbled across this post. I have been such a slack blogger lately and the recent flooding drama here has put me even more out of the loop. I am so glad it arrived safely. I have been reading your newer posts too and I wonder if I have an inkling of what has come over you??? Glad your energy is returning! I am doing a mad last minute dash on the sketch book to see if I can make the deadline. Tonight might be an all nighter, it is the 15th (postmark day) here tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete