Friday, March 4, 2011

What a Week this has been!

Wow, what a crazy, exciting, busy week this has been! In both my personal life and business life too.  On Monday, we had an ultrasound with the OB and heard the news that we are having a girl!!  I am so thrilled, I can't believe how lucky we are - two daughters?!?!  I would have been happy with either boy or girl, but when I was a kid, I always wanted a sister (I have an older brother) that I could talk to and play with.  So I am so excited to be able to offer this to my girls.  Oh sure, they are going to fight and bicker and do all those things, but hopefully they can be friends too.  Just to be fair, older brothers can be great too - my brother taught me lots of things: like how to throw a baseball, and how to make that awful fart noise in your armpit that all kids like to know how to do.   :)  Anyway, did I mention I was happy to be having a girl???


And then on Tuesday, after I got my head out of the clouds, we announced my new branding image for Kelly Thiel Studio!  I enlisted the help of Laura Otero to help me make this transition the right way, and boy, was I not disappointed!  She designed a new logo for me and helped get all of my online stuff, (including this super cool blog!!) into a lovely, cohesive look.  I should be receiving my new business cards and postcards on Friday (yippee!) and I can't wait to take them to my show next week.


On Tuesday, we also announced my Facebook Sweepstakes (also Laura's idea), and I can't believe how much fun I've had with this!  I know many of you from this blog have entered already, and thank you so much!!  I've also heard from others that I didn't know, and I am so happy to make that connection as well.  Who would have guessed it would be so much fun to give away art?!?  I would love to do another one later this year, if I can, but I will have to wait and see how my schedule shapes up with a new babe in the house.  (Due date Aug. 14!!)  It may just be a miracle to get my first daughter to preschool on time twice a week...


So this contest has just fired me up all week.  Then I got a phone call from someone that totally excited me, but that is far too early to share any good news about that phone call yet.  Let's wait and see if that idea can get turned into a reality.


And I've been glazing and firing like a madwoman this week, trying to get some more pieces finished for the show next week, so with all of this going on, it's no wonder I can't sleep!  This is the second night this week that I've been awake in the middle of the night... Oh well, it's all good!


I hope all of you have had a great week too!
~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment