Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Yay! I'm back to working in the art journal

Hello everyone!

When it's crunch time before a show, everything gets put aside until after the show.  And when I say "everything" I really mean everything.  Dishes pile up in the sink and unnecessary doctor appointments get rescheduled.   Sometimes, that's just what it takes to get everything finished. 

So, I noticed how much I missed painting and journaling during this last crunch time before my show.  And I am happy to report that I am back into the journal and doing some fun sketching, just for me.  And you know what?  It feels great!  This is one page that I just played with, and had fun with beeswax.  I don't always use beeswax, but it was so fun, I may have to start doing it more.  When the wax was cooling, I carved some smaller flowers into the wax, and then added color to it with an oilstick.  Fun!


And then last night, I did some sketching, and it was just for me.  I currently don't have any plans for this one, but after I finish it, I may copy it onto some vellum and glue it onto the above background, I just started playing with.  So nothing is complete - just having fun and playing.  Good for the soul, ya know?

Another fun thing is that I signed up for Alisa Burke's Sketchbook Delight e-course, and I'm so stoked!  I wanted to take it with the rest of the class when it was offered in Feb/March, but there was no way I could do that e-course and get ready for my show.  So I had to wait until now when I had a little more time.

Hope all of you are doing well! Spring is here and I am always so thankful for the warmer weather~

Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment