Wednesday, November 25, 2009

American Craft Council Show!

I just received word yesterday that I have gotten into the Atlanta ACC show in March! This is great news for me. I did an ACC show in Charlotte at the end of 2008 and I had an awesome time. All of the other artists were so nice and welcoming, and I was very happy with my sales. My mom was very sick at the time with her cancer, so this show turned into a bright spot in my life. I am looking forward to the Atlanta show too! I'll be selling my sculpture, which has always gotten pushed aside for other things. And right now, sculpture and big coil-built planters are all I want to do! It just feels right to grab a hunk of clay, twist, squeeze and smush it into itself to create bigger pieces. I don't have the patience to throw on the wheel right now. I personally, don't feel centered enough to throw pots on the wheel. So for now, this is what I am doing, and I am having a blast with it! So I better head out to the studio and start making some sculpture for the show. It is in March, but I best get started now! With the kiddo around, I don't get as many hours in the studio as I would like to have, so I will get going now! If you are around Atlanta in March, think about coming to the show. I know it will be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment