Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas madness!

This is the second year that I have not had to go through the Potter's Christmas Hell due to the changes in my life, but this is what it was like for me in years past. Since getting pregnant/having a baby and the death of my mom, things for me in the studio have changed. Last Christmas I had canceled almost everything due to my mom and this Christmas I am slowly moving forward and getting back into the clay swing of things. If you don't know much about the "potter's life", follow that link and read the post by ceramic artist Whitney Smith. It really gives you an idea of what we put ourselves through! But the funny thing is: this year I am really excited about Christmas. Is it because I have a cute little girl to share it with, or because I'm not so stressed out that I can actually enjoy it? Or maybe a little of both? I was in Lowe's in mid-November, and I actually bought some Christmas decorations. Huh - never done that before! And normally, I feel like Scrouge when all the stores start decorating and setting out their Christmas stuff, but this year I am excited. It feels so nice after two years of stress. I hope you all are feeling the spirit this season. Best wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment