Friday, November 13, 2009

Girls Night in the Studio

Next week I am hosting a Girls Night in the studio. This will be the first time I've done this, as my old studio was way to small for anybody except me. I'm looking forward to sharing my clay with some friends. We will probably have 7 people, with plenty of wine flowing. I've already figured out some projects they can work on, unless they come with ideas on what they want to make. I have also been working hard to get the studio organized and put away. It has taken me months (I'm not kidding), months! to get everything squared away. And you know how it is, it is never really finished. If you are like me, you hoard some stuff that you don't really need, but you think you might use in the near future: a bowl of colored slip, a really big piece of egg crate foam, some good, sturdy boxes that would be just the right size... for something. All that crap takes up space. I have thrown some of it out, but there is still a lot. When I die, someone is going to have a huge job of cleaning out my studio crap. Perhaps a construction dumpster would be the way to go.... But anyway, back on track.. So, Girls Night: I'm really looking forward to it and I will take some photos of our masterpieces and be sure to post those. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment